Monday, April 19, 2010

Assignment 5

Phil Collins "Paradise" very powerful song about homeless people. Significants that to us is just another day in paradise but to them is a hard work and a strive to survive. People who are starving and are hungry, and sometimes we don't stop to think that.We jsut think about ourselves. I really like this song and like Phil collions as a singer. I love songs that have meanings, because know a days alot of songs don't mean crap. I grew up with listening to 80s songs all the time due to the influence of my dad and thank god for that. I love 80s music. This video also shows the strong powerful message of the hunger of human bien and what they go through. I believed they used black and white to give it stronger meaning. & I'm glad they used black and white.if it was in color I think it would of meant less. Black and white bring out the signicants and meaning of the what the song is trying to potray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfZqXLnBYb4

Another Day In Paradise lyrics Songwriters: Collins, Phil;
She calls out to the man on the street"Sir, can you help me?It's cold and I've nowhere to sleepIs there somewhere you can tell me?"He walks on, doesn't look backHe pretends he can't hear herHe starts to whistle as he crosses the streetShe's embarrassed to be thereOh, think twice, it's just another day forFor you and me in paradiseOh, think twice, it's just another dayFor you, you and me in paradiseJust think about itShe calls out to the man on the streetHe can see she's been cryin'She's got blisters on the soles of her feetShe can't walk but she's tryin'Oh, just think twice, it's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseOh, yes think twice, it's just another dayFor you, you and me in paradiseJust think about it, just think about itOh Lord, is there nothing more anybody can do?Oh Lord, there must be something you can sayYou can tell by the lines on her faceYou can see that she's been thereProbably been moved on from every place'Cause she didn't fit in thereOh, yes think twice, it's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseOh, yes think twice, it's just another dayFor you, you and me in paradiseJust think about it, just think about itIt's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseIt's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseIt's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseIt's just another dayFor you and me in paradiseIt's just another dayFor you and meIt's another dayFor you and meIt's another dayFor you and me in paradiseIn paradise"

2 comments:

  1. This song is really melodious. I never get fed up listening to this song. Ya, the lyrics is awesome and meaningful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the black and white. I remember when I first heard that song, in another continent and away from NY and its homeless population. Now I wonder how many people here come up with their own "story" for the homeless, one that makes them sleep at night, because the one Phil Collins gives is certainly disturning

    ReplyDelete